Hal Leonard Jazz Theory & Workbook
Coursebook for Jazz Instrumentalists
- Jazz Theory & Workbook is designed for all instrumentalists who want to understand how the jazz standards they play and improvise are constructed
- It's also a great resource for arrangers and composers.
- Although there are some musical examples for pianists, this book is not intended exclusively for keyboard players
- In this structured coursebook, each new concept is clearly presented and explained, put in context with one or more musical examples and then consolidated with a series of written exercises
- Moreover, the book is progressive, beginning with a comprehensive presentation of intervals and a thorough review of the synthetic modes
- Although jazz is essentially based on a vertical progression of chords, linear mechanisms also determine this style of music and complement its musical expressiveness
- The aim of this book is to present these two complementary approaches in a vertical and a horizontal study of jazz harmony
- Written in English
- ISBN: 9781495062001
- 270 Pages
|General Music Theory||No|
|Amount Of Pages||270 Pages|
These are other customers' choices:
Customers who looked at this item have bought these:
* The prices shown include VAT. and are valid as long as stocks last. Please click here for international shipping rates. We do not accept liability for typographical errors or inaccurate information of any kind. All invoices will be issued in EUR.
Feedback Found an error or want to give us feedback about this page?
We're looking forward to hearing from you and aim to solve any problems as soon as we can.
ID: 419250 © 1996–2021 Thomann GmbH Thomann loves you, because you rock!