Neumann U87 Ai
The U 87 is probably the best known and most widely used Neumann studio microphone.
The U 87 is equipped with a large dual-diaphragm capsule with three directional patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8. These are selectable with a switch below the headgrille. A 10 dB attenuation switch is located on the rear. It enables the microphone to handle sound pressure levels up to 127 dB without distortion. Furthermore, the low frequency response can be reduced to compensate for proximity effect.
|Switchable Polar Pattern||Yes|
- Neumann Large-diaphragm Microphones at a glance
- display Large-diaphragm Microphones in price range 2250 € - 2750 €
- go to product group Large-diaphragm Microphones
- go to product group Microphones
- show manufacturer details for Neumann
- Neumann Microphones at a glance
- printer friendly version of this page