Schott T.Richards Blues Piano 1
Instructional BookTim Richards explains the harmonic, rhythmic and melodic aspects of the Blues Pianos in an easily understandable way. All styles, from the early boogie pioneers to swing, gospel, jump-jive, the New Orleans, Chicago and Kansas City styles to the more sophisticated jazz and funk blues of today's scene are covered in this book.
Over 60 pieces, including famous standards such as Aint No Sunshine, Blueberry Hill, Got My Mojo Workin, Pine Top's Boogie Woogie, St Louis Blues, and numerous compositions of the author demonstrate authentic patterns and bass lines for the left hand and professional chord voicings, blues scales, licks and riffs. In addition, there are many tried and tested coordination exercises for both hands and listening suggestions.
Each chapter is structured in increasing difficulty and brings towards the end some challenging pieces. The improvisation is supported throughout the book with exercises, and instructions.
The accompanying CD was recorded by Tim Richards and contains all tracks and play-along tracks.
The excellent examples on the accompanying CD make this book indispensable for all blues pianists.
- All blues piano techniques - easy to understand
- For intermediate pianists
- 132 pages
- Including CD with all tracks from Vol. 1 and Vol. 2
- Language: German
|Level Of Difficulty||Intermediate|
|Suitable for children||No|
|Main Theme Blues||Yes|
|Main Theme Etudes||No|
|Main Theme Jazz||No|
|Main Theme Pop||No|
|Main Theme Rock||No|
These are other customers' choices:
Customers who looked at this item have bought these:
- Schott Piano Schools at a glance
- go to product group Piano Schools
- go to product group Schools For Keyinstruments
- go to product group Instrument Schools
- go to product group Sheet Music, Books and DVDs
- show manufacturer details for Schott
- Schott Sheet Music, Books and DVDs at a glance
- printer friendly version of this page