Paiste 14" Traditional Medium Hi-Hat
Paiste Traditional Collection
14" Medium Light Hi-Hat
Paiste undertook a remarkable historical research project to make possible an accurate reproduction of the "lost" cymbal sounds of the 40s, 50s, and 60s, the golden era of blues, jazz, be-bop, and the big band.
In loving detail, through research and consultation with historically experienced drummers, the new "Traditional" line was created, making the full history of sounds from some of the most diverse cymbals (ride, hi-hat, splash, swish) once again available today! From sizzling big-band swing to the smoky intensity of bop and blues.
Unlike the delicate classics of that era, the "Traditional" cymbals offer a unique breadth of sound spectrum, versatility of expression, and the excellent durability of Paiste's patented sound alloy, the state-of-the-art bronze compound from which they are produced. These new instruments will impress collectors, music connoisseurs and lovers of traditional cymbal sounds.
The Medium Light Hi-Hat of the Paiste Traditional line is very soft and sensitive with an underlying dark and "damp" stick sound together with a silver, fragile chick. The open / closed sound is full, warm and dry. Expect a quick response to changes in your footwork.
- Responsds quickly to changes in footwork
- Model: thin top / heavy bottom basin
- Volume: low to medium-loud
- Stick attack: soft
- Ideal area of use: live, studio
- Decay duration: medium
- Sound with the foot tredding down: soft
- Sound character: dark, warm, silvery-sounding
- Huge amount of sounds waiting to be discovered
- Soft tone with a pleasant playing feel
- Full, warm and open sound
- Loose, "soggy" chick sound
- Extremely suitable for all styles of jazz and swing drum playing
|Finish||Regular / Traditional|
We're looking forward to hearing from you and aim to solve any problems as soon as we can.