When testing this set of strings I discovered the following:
1) Very nice tone !
2) More output compared to other nickel-wound strings of same gauge
3) More stretch for extreme bends
4) Keeps retention better over time compared to other strings
5) Easy to play and nice feel
6) Improved tuning stability
7) A pretty long-lasting "new-string-sound"
8) Keeps that "I just changed my strings feel" much longer than regular strings
My conclusion: Going forward the NYXL series will be my favorite set of strings for most of my electric guitars.
Yes, they are considerably more expensive than the standard D'Addario EXL series or similar brands, so it's up to the customer to decide whether those differences or improvements are worth it.
Bought the single as it is nice to have the option of a spare strings!