7. Extra Features
Small diaphragm microphones differ vastly in extra features and included accessories. The mic itself can have switches for:
- pad (level reduction for very loud sources, so the internal electronics and the preamp wont overload)
- low cut (= hi pass). All directional microphones (i.e all except omnis) produce what is called the proximity effect: bass frequencies are boosted the closer you place the mic to the source. A low cut switch allows you to compensate for this bass boost. Cutting the bass frequencies also reduces rumble.
Depending on manufacturer and model, small diaphragm mics may come with some useful accessories. Such as
- microphone case or box
- an elastic suspension (also called spider shock mount), which protects your mic from rumble and handling noises.
- a stereo bar. For stereo miking, it is often more convenient to mount both microphones on one microphone stand using a stereo bar. A stereo bar is often included in stereo microphone sets.
- additional capsules for a greater variety of directional patterns (modular microphone systems, see above)
Parhaiten arvostellut tuotteet
Odotamme palautettanne ja korjaamme mahdolliset virheet pikimmiten.