Schoeps MK 41 G Super Cardioid
The MK 41 is strongly directional. Sound arriving from off axis is attenuated even more than with a cardioid. The pickup is “drier” and less susceptible to acoustic feedback than any other SCHOEPS capsule type (a loudspeaker should not be located directly along the rear axis of the microphone, however).
Its directivity is highly independent of frequency, so that even sounds arriving off axis and reverberant sound are registered without colouration. Consequently, even distant placement of the capsule produces a very natural sound pickup. This is a real advantage over interference-tube “shotgun” microphones, whose directivity is very frequency-dependent – exceeding that of a supercardioid only at higher frequencies. Interference-tube microphones are notoriously sensitive to their position in a room, where the shifting patterns of reflections cause corresponding shifts in sound color. Thus the MK 41 are surprisingly effective, space-saving alternatives to shotgun microphones – and being small, they can often be placed closer to the sound source.
An M/S microphone arrangement can be set up at quite some distance from the sound source if an MK 41 is used for the “M“ channel.
- High directivity, comparable to mid frequencies with standard (short) shotguns
- High frequency independence of the polar diagram
- Frequency range: 40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 13mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise: A-weighted: 16 dB-A
- CCIR: 24 dB
- Noise ratio, A-weighted: 78 dB A
- SPL (at 0.5% THD): 132 dB
- Surface: Matte grey
- Suitable for CMC 6 Pre-Amp
These are other customers' choices:
Customers who looked at this item have bought these:
- Schoeps Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphones at a glance
- display Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphones in price range 750 € - 1250 €
- go to product group Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphones
- go to product group Modular Microphone Systems
- go to product group Microphones
- show manufacturer details for Schoeps
- Schoeps Microphones at a glance
- printer friendly version of this page