Doepfer A-178 Theremin
Theremin moduleA module for generating a variable control voltage by approaching the hand to an antenna. The range is approx. 30 cm. In addition, a gate output is available which responds from an adjustable output voltage (threshold) to trigger an envelope generator or to control a VCA (on / off) for example. To replicate the original theremin, two A-178s, one VCO (eg A-110) and a linear VCA (eg A-130 or A-132) are required. One A-178 controls the pitch (VCO), the second the volume (VCA). However, the A-178 can also be used to control other functions in the A-100 (For example: filter frequencies, modulations, tempo, settling time, etc.).
- Antenna input
- Offset (rotary control)
- 2 x CV output
- 2 x LED (for CV display positive / negative and zero adjustment)
- Threshold (gate threshold)
- Gate output
- Voltage range of the CV output - depending on the setting of the offset controller from a maximum of -10 V to 10 V.
- Gate output switches between 0V and about 10V
- Power requirements: 60mA (12V) / -20mA (-12V)
- Width: 8 HP / 40.3 mm
- Depth: 40 mm (measured from the back of the front panel)
Further Doepfer items
Offers include 21% Belgium VAT and are valid as long as stocks last. Shipping costs to Belgium are 2,50 EUR, free shipping on orders above 49 EUR. Please click here for international Shipping rates. We do not accept liability for typographical errors or inaccurate information of any kind. *RRP = manufacturer's / distributor's recommended retail price in Germany