Paiste 18" Traditional Thin Crash
18" Thin Crash
Paiste undertook a remarkable historical research project to enable the accurate reproduction of the "lost" cymbal sounds of the 40s, 50s, and 60s, the golden era of blues, jazz, be-bop, and the big band.
In loving detail, through research and the assistance of historically experienced drummers, the "Traditional" series was created, which makes the full, historical sounds of diverse cymbals (ride, hi-hat, splash, swish) available today - from sizzling big band swing to the smoky intensity of bop and blues.
Unlike the delicate classics of that era, the "Traditional" cymbals offer the unique breadth of the sound spectrum, versatile expressive possibilities, and the durability of Paiste's patented "sound alloy" that pays for itself: the state-of-the-art bronze compound from which they are made. These new instruments will impress collectors, music connoisseurs and lovers of traditional cymbal sounds.
The Thin Crash of the PAISTE Traditional line is very warm, soft and of low pitch. It reacts nicely to short, catching attacks and offers a sound that is dark, transparent and "windy". A well-responsive, musical crash with a short sustain for the lower to middle volume range. The overall sound is dark, thin and smoky.
- Dark, transparent and warm crash sound
- Great frequency range
- Very fast, sensitive yet soft attack with a balanced release behaviour
|Hand Hammered Cymbal||Yes|
|Finish||Regular / Traditional|
- Paiste 18" Crash Cymbals at a glance
- display 18" Crash Cymbals in price range 450 € - 550 €
- go to product group 18" Crash Cymbals
- go to product group Crash Cymbals
- go to product group Cymbals
- go to product group Drums and Percussion
- show manufacturer details for Paiste
- Paiste Drums and Percussion at a glance
- printer friendly version of this page