Mutec MC 2
Signal Distribution and Conversion AmplifierMC-2 comes basically as an AES/EBU distribution amplifier. Additonally AES/EBU ID interfaces are available to offer conversions between both interface standards. Using latest PLL and conversion techniques, MC-2 processes digital audio signals aligned to AES3 and AES3 ID and reference sync signals aligned to AES11 and AES11 ID including all usual clock rates from 32 kHz to 192 kHz. Each interface standard offers one input whereas AES/EBU can be distributed to 6 outputs and AES/EBU ID to 2 outputs.
Various operation modes enable the use of MC-2 in a wide range of applications. An input reference signal will be distributed to all outputs simultaneously. In this process, a conversion between the AES/EBU and the AES/EBU ID interfaces will be done automatically.
A supplied AES3 digital audio signal can be converted in realtime into an AES11 digital sync signal and distributed through all outputs. To keep the original AES3 signal for further use, the first output of the according interface standard can be switched to pass the original signal separately without any format changes.
The voltage of the outputs of the AES/EBU ID interface can be switched from standard 1V to 3V to enable very long cable runs.
MC-2 is mountable in a 19" rack system by using our optional rack adapters. All functions can be set convenient from the front panel with help of a simple user interface. The device is shipped in a rugged aluminium housing and meets CE, UL and FCC, part 15, specifications.
- AES / EBU and AES / EBU ID interfaces in one device
- Supports all audio-reated clock frequencies between 32 kHz and 192.0 kHz
- All interfaces conform to the AES and AES-ID standards
- Signal improvement by low jitter PLLs
- Converted from AES3 to AES11
- Frequency display of all audio-relevant clock frequencies between 32 kHz and 192.0 kHz
- Reference-Pass functionality
- Input lock detection and display
- Simple user interface
- Built-in, internationally useable power supply
|Amount Of Channels||2|
|Max. Resolution||24 bit|
|Max. sampling rate||192 kHz|
|Number of analog inputs||0|
|Number of Analog Outputs||0|
- Mutec Digital Converters at a glance
- display Digital Converters in price range 500 € - 1000 €
- go to product group Digital Converters
- go to product group Studio and Recording Equipment
- show manufacturer details for Mutec
- Mutec Studio and Recording Equipment at a glance
- printer friendly version of this page