Already having an analogue delay on the board, I needed this to take care of any digital delay requirements I may encounter. I bought it mainly for the dedicated tap feature which I consider essential on digital delay, also as its power requirements are easy and because the price is very appealing!
Essentially I've since replaced it because it failed to comfortably fulfill the needs. Frustratingly it's just too small and compact to use in a live setting with any comfort - the foot switches are way too close to the knobs which causes them to be altered unintentionally by the foot.
It also reacts a tad weird with the tap delay - I found I had to keep reminding it of the tempo after the slightest of tweaks.
It's really small and probably good for someone who wants one setting and tapes the knobs down but not for me. Also, to my ear, the sound was neither dark enough to be considered warm or analogue and not pristine enough for classic digital repeats.
My biggest gripe is the inclusion of both a 'volume' knob as well as a 'mix' knob. The volume knob controls the amount of signal entering the pedal. Naturally the mix knob is invaluable but on such a tiny unit where unintentional tweaking of the settings is such a poignant danger; the inclusion of a volume control makes it very dangerous for a dark stage setting and could ruin a performance if altered by the foot.
- Small footprint
- Great price
- Good brand and solid construction
- Dedicated tap control
- Low power consumption
- Footswitch far too close to knobs with no guard (Foot unintentionally alters settings)
- Master Volume level for no reason (An unnecessary addition on such a pedal - especially when the foot so often alters the settings!)
- Sound is average; neither one thing or other.
- Tempo needs to be tapped every time (Every time there is a setting change the tap needs to be re-entered)
- Knobs need heavier damping - a bit easy to turn
To conclude, this is a cheap and well made unit so may find a happy home on some boards but is ultimately too fraught with pitfalls for comfort!