I bought two of these especially for use on small to medium stages and, I must say, they do an excellent job! Combine them with the cool effects of a smoke machine or a hazer and you've got one hell of an atmosphere. Check out live footage of the Nine Inch Nails club tour in 2007 or their tour in 2009 and you'll understand why.
- easy mounting
- powerful and intense beam, especially when used with incandescent lamps
- great for front, lateral and back lighting on small to medium stages
- dimmable, with the right equipment
- perfect for buying lighting equipment on a budget
- not too sturdy
- not so great results when used on bigger stages and if there are also other, more powerful lights, involved
- the incandescent lamp that Thomann used to sell for these is no longer available; however, the new option comes from Philips (LED-based), I've yet to try it
Overall, I highly recommend purchasing two or four PAR 30s from Stairville if you're on tour and you want to add extra atmosphere to your shows. I was praised recently by a club owner whose venue had smoke and colored LED PARs for the effect the show had when I placed my two PARs towards the audience, on each side of my drum kit. A must buy!