The Leatherman Surge is a robust, stylish and well designed multitool. I have seen many videos and reviews where this tool has been subjected to some serious abuse and yet it came back for more.
This tool is heavy - almost the same as a 330ml can of Cola - but to be expected due to the size of the tool and the many features it has. People might say that it is too big, but I find it to be an ideal size and I do not have large hands myself.
Pros: * The pliers are comfortable to use, having rounded handles and the replaceable wire cutters in the pliers jaws are a great idea if they become severely damaged.
* The scissors are very precise and cut well and this is a feature that I look for in a multitool.
* The various blades, scissors and saws are very sharp and are accessible from the outside of the tool with one-handed opening.
* The Surge has safety features that prevent the blades from closing onto your hand by locking into place with a satisfying click. It also prevents the blades from opening if the pliers are in use.
* The saw can be swapped with the metal file/diamond file that is included with the Surge. It also allows T-Shank jigsaw blades to be used that will give the Surge a longer cutting blade for wood or metals.
* There is a hidden lanyard ring on the Surge at the opposite end of the handle where the removable saw blade is located which can be pushed out using the file or the saw if it is removed.
* The leather sheath is made of leather with a nice press-stud fastener (no noisy Velco) and is embossed with the Leatherman logo and can be mounted on your belt in a vertical or horizontal orientation.
Cons: * The leather sheath is not big enough to hold the Surge and the bit driver kit (available separately) at the same time.
* When using large T-Shank jigsaw blades they will be too long to fold into the Surge unless cut to size or removed, but this is a minor issue.
In summary, I am very pleased with the materials, features, quality and workmanship of this tool and I plan to use it when fishing/camping and in my work as an automotive R&D Engineer.
* Ceny zawierają podatek VAT. Do ceny artykułu(ów) należy doliczyć koszty wysyłki. Oferty ważne do wyczerpania zapasów. Za błędy w opisie i innego rodzaju pomyłki nie ponosimy odpowiedzialności. CK=Cena katalogowa produktu