I have an Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM with US Bartolini pick ups and the Ibanez Vari Mid eq. The bass is great and pick ups too but I got fed up with the nasal constrained tone from the eq and the fact that any active tone variation sounded, well, like an active tone control not very natural.
I have just installed the Glockenlang 2 band pre amp after quite a lot of research and wanting to really just emphasize the natural qualities of the Bass. I have other Bass Guitars fitted with a variety of Bartolni, Nordstrand and EMG pick ups with Bartolini, John East and Carvin EQ's so the Glockenlang was unknown territory for me.
The Glockenlang is nothing short of sensational. It has transformed the Bass. It works perfectly with the Bartolini pick ups and my amp. Harmonics fly off the fretboard the tone is clear and tight with solid Bass perfectly balanced mid and airy open high frequencies.What I really like is that set flat there is hardly any noticeable difference between passive and active. The Bass and Treble provide perfect boost just enhancing the natural tones. At 18khz the treble is more like a Brilliance control and it provides a very subtle lift with no harshness and virtually no noise (just the very faintest of hums if you get your ear right by the speaker, at least as quiet as any other pre-amps I own). The passive mode with old school treble bleed is just as good in fact I went for the 4 knob 2 band rather than the 3 band to get this feature and I'm really pleased I did. To finish off the blend works great too really nicely balanced swing between the pickups with smooth volume transition. Using settings just around the mid point is actually as good as having a mid control in my experience and if its growl your after go more towards bridge or neck pick ups and you're there.
I would say anyone with a tonally good Bass looking to simply enhance the natural qualities of the instrument should get a Glockenlang. If your looking for higher output or more pronounced tone shaping maybe others would fit the bill.
Installation is straight forward but its probably worth noting the shafts are standard sized so on my curved top Ibanez they only just poked through enough to get the washer and nut on.
All in all possibly the best ¤100 or so I've spent on Bass gear.
The price is too high for this kind of preamp. Sound itself is clear and crispy, the main problems were - low and high eq knobs, by turning them to any side there was almost no change in frequencies, very minimal i would say. Second problem with volume knob - it was working only at the very end of the spin, basically you can play on a full volume or on very low (just by turning a little bit the knob about 20%) all the rest 80% of the knob spin was silent with no sound. Maybe i had a faulty item, but for this price i expect better quality. Although the sound on it self was good, but it doesn't differ much from my standard ibanez preamp. So there was no reason for me to keep it, i return it to thomann
* Ceny zawierają podatek VAT. Do ceny artykułu(ów) należy doliczyć koszty wysyłki. Oferty ważne do wyczerpania zapasów. Za błędy w opisie i innego rodzaju pomyłki nie ponosimy odpowiedzialności. CK=Cena katalogowa produktu