A perfect solution for ribbon mics, and a good surprise for dynamic mics !
What it does :
1) High pass filter (good when you have nothing on your preamp)
2) Selection of impedance : really great ! it does change the sound of your mic, helping you to find a sweet spot : just turn the button till you like your sound.
3) Boost ( two possibilities : +12 or + 25) : perfect for mics who need a boost
2 warnings :
1) in order to work, the cloudlifter uses the 48V phantom power. So, if you don't have phantom 48V on your preamp, it will NOT work.
2) And since it uses the phantom power, it does not pass it through !!! So it's only possible to use this with mics which DO NOT need phantom power : perfect application is most ribbons (except some new ribbons which works on 48V) and mics needing a lot of gain and no phantom (SM7, RE20, or even SM57 or 58 for impedance).
This CL-Z is the perfect choice for popular ribbons, giving gain and protecting them. For example : AEA R84, Coles 4038, Beyer M160, Royer R121, etc. But as a joker, it's possible to use it with dynamic mics like SM7 and get a new sound and better amplification.
Well buit, easy to use, and not so expensive. A really great product !
Oh dear! NOT what I expected! It DOES NOT pass phantom power through to the microphone! This would be lovely with a ribbon mic (which I don't have), or possibly a dynamic mic. Just as the name implies it would lift the sound out of the noise floor. The variable impedance is just what's called for, but I want to use condenser mics with phantom power and roll off the bass. Oh well.
* Ceny zawierają podatek VAT. Do ceny artykułu(ów) należy doliczyć koszty wysyłki. Oferty ważne do wyczerpania zapasów. Za błędy w opisie i innego rodzaju pomyłki nie ponosimy odpowiedzialności. CK=Cena katalogowa produktu