Schoeps MK2 SG Omni
Microphone CapsuleThe MK 2S exhibits a slight high-frequency emphasis for frontal sound incidence, with only a slight rolloff of high frequencies off axis and in the reverberant sound field.
This frequency response characteristic falls between that of the MK 2 and the MK 3, making the capsule suitable for a wide range of applications.
The MK 2S has proven particularly useful in two- and three-microphone stereo arrays, where its placement near the reverberation radius of the sound field presents a sonically balanced pickup favored by many recording engineers. This model has become our most popular pressure transducer.
- Polar pattern: Omidirectional
- Slight high-frequency rise to compensate for losses at moderate recording distances
- For a very wide range of recording applications
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 12mV / Pa
- Equivalent noise level: 12 dBA
- Signal to noise ratio: 82dBA
- Max. sound pressure level (at 0.5% THD): 132 dB
- Colour: Grey