Thomann Khusro Sitar Vilayat Khan
- Indian handmade sitar in Vilayat Khan style
- 6 Play strings
- 11 Sympathetic strings
- A free tuning peg for an 18th string
- Sound box from Indian pumpkin
- Head in the form of a peacock
- Scale length: 87 cm
- Total length: About 127 cm
- Body width: Approx. 34 cm
- Body depth: Approx. 33 cm
- Neck width: Approx. 9 cm
- 19 Curved frets
- With white ornamentation
- Includes bag with shoulder strap
Note: The colour of the instrument may vary from orange to dark brown.
Notes on tuning: The root note can be chosen individually, depending on the sound concept, and is usually between c and d, often with cis.
The fifth string (Pancham-Chikari) is the fifth above the root and the third string (Pancham) is the fifth in the deep octave.
Example of a tuning of the melody strings in C: (c '') - c '- g - C - G - c - f.
The F string is the melody string, and is closest to the ground in the playing direction.