Shadow SH Sonic Doubleplay
Pickup and Sound Hole Preamplifier
The Legend Returns...
In the early 1970s, Shadow introduced the world's first dual pickup system. "Doubleplay" combined magnetic and under-saddle pickups and started a new era in the pickup industry.
30 Years later, Shadow rewrites history with the new edition of this legend and presents a dual pickup system that sets new standards.
Shadows sound hole preamps for acoustic and classical guitars are designed for perfect sound, easy installation and preservation of the original state of the guitar. Due to the installation of the preamplifier in the sound hole, the usual cut-out of the guitar sides is prevented.
Unlike usual pickups, Nanoflex pickups do not only pick up the vibrations of the strings. Nanoflex captures the string vibrations AND the vibrations of the instrument body at the same time. As a result, Nanoflex pickups produce a sound similar to that of a microphone/bass pickup combination. No other pickup technology achieves such a high level of amplified reproduction of the original sound of acoustic instruments.
NanoMAG is the only pickup of its kind, with a sound spectrum ranging from the authentic Western guitar sound to warm blues and jazz sounds. Furthermore, the pickup is characterised by high feedback resistance and impressive dynamics.
The heart of Sonic Doubplay is the blend knob. Through individual mixing of Nanoflex and NanoMAG, an unimagined sound diversity can be realised.
Tone provides a 2-Band control combined in one knob. Variation of the potentiometer either boosts the bass frequencies with careful attenuation of the treble, or adds more treble at slight bass decrease.
By pressing the phase switch, the frequency curve is rotated by 180 degrees, thus eliminating the usual "whistling" in feedback.
The LED indicator lights up when the batteries are low. The battery should be replaced within the next 30 minutes.
The complete system is extremely light and in total weighs less than a 9 V battery, which is commonly used with numerous preamplifiers.
- For steel-string guitar
- Combined magnetic and under-saddle pickup with sound hole preamplifier and phase switch
- Volume, sound, and blend controls
- Active Nanoflex pickup
- Active NanoMAG pickup
- Endpin jack
These are other customers' choices:
Customers who looked at this item have bought these:
- Shadow Magnetic Pickups for Acoustic Guitars at a glance
- display Magnetic Pickups for Acoustic Guitars in price range 180 € - 220 €
- go to product group Magnetic Pickups for Acoustic Guitars
- go to product group Miscellaneous Transducers for Acoustic Guitars
- go to product group Acoustic Guitar Pickups
- go to product group Pickups
- go to product group Guitars and Basses
- show manufacturer details for Shadow
- Shadow Guitars and Basses at a glance
- printer friendly version of this page