Palmer PMB-L Merge box
Line summer/merger, isolated signal combiner
When mixing electrical signals, the sources can affect each other. Decoupling resistors can reduce the effect, but lossless mixing is only possible with an active circuit. Active electronics always involve some extra effort and costs, and in some cases you don't really want to make the extra effort since there is often already enough volume available, making the passive mixing of signals the most effective method. For such cases, the Palmer Merge Box has been developed.
The PMB-L is a box for passively mixing line signals and is equipped with two channels. A typical application would be the merging of two mixing desks to one power amp.
- Input 1: Balanced XLR/f via a galvanically isolated transformer. Balanced decoupling via resistors. Total resistance: 2 kOhm
- Maximum sound level for THD <0.5% @ 35 Hz: +20 dBu. Ground lift switch
- Input 2: Balanced XLR/f. Balanced decoupling is via resistors. Resistance: 2 kOhm
- Output: XLR/m balanced, for the lowest attenuation, the connected load impedance should be within the range of some kOhm
- Average attenuation: 6 dB
- Aluminium diecast housing made of HF-shielding alloy
- Dimensions approx. 110 x 125 x 38 mm
- Weight: 585 g
- 5 Year manufacturer warranty
|Active / Passive||Passive|
|Powered by battery||No|