Beyerdynamic MCE 72 CAM
Stereo Condenser Microphone
The MCE 72 is a compact stereo microphone for XY recording with a wide and linear frequency response producing uncoloured, high-quality recordings. The MCE 72 is suitable for stereo recording in home studio applications, concert recordings with DAT or MD, film, video and interviewing. For musicians the MCE 72 is an excellent microphone for assessing performance in rehearsals, production and concerts. For stereo ambient sound recording, the microphone is suitable for direct connection to most camcorders, DAT and MD recorders. The MCE 72 has two microphone capsules that are mounted in an angle of ±60° to the microphone axis to achieve a wide recording range and an accurate reproduction of the sound source.
The optional EA 19/25 elastic suspension suppresses footfall sound effectively. Using the optional special EA 86 elastic suspension with a flash holder, the MCE 72 can be mounted onto the “hot shoe” of a camcorder directly but remains isolated from noise caused by the video head and the drive. The MCE 72 and MCE 72 CAM are powered by a standard 1.5 V battery (AA-size). An LED indicates when the battery needs to be replaced. By using the plug-in cable the microphone is connected to the appropriate device.
- Frequency range: 60 / 20,000 Hz
- XY Stereophony
- Two condenser capsules with cardioid
- Angular width 120° (± 60° off the microphone axis)
- Rugged metal housing
- Battery powered (1.5 V)
- Battery level indicator
- Pluggable connection cable (5-pin XLR)
- Incl. EA 86 for mounting on hot shoe and cable MVK 72-K3 5-pin XLR to stereo mini-jack (length 0.35 m)
- Incl. windscreen WS72 (short)
- (Optional large windshield available under Article Nr 106105)
- Weight: (without batteries) 175 g