Hudson Music Steve Smith Drumset Technique
Instructional DVDThe history of the U.S. beat
2 Double DVD set. 4 hours and 38 minutes of material! (Decoded for all countries)
The most in-depth study of drum techniques ever available on video or DVD, while also providing a comprehensive and fascinating overview of the development of the first drums in music and the United States, from ragtime to fusion. Shows two bands, including the successful band, Vital Information.
Steve Smith: Drumset Technique / History of the U.S. is a virtual encyclopedia of drumset techniques, concepts and styles.
Disc One: Drumset Technique Explains hand and foot technique in the most detailed way and gets to the heart of what drummers need to know to improve their feeling and technical skills. The segments include: "The Art Of Practice," "Exercises, Licks and Phrases," "Independence / Interdependence," "Implied Metric Modulation."
Disc Two: History of the U.S. Beat Explains hand and foot technique in a highly detailed manner and gets to the heart of what drummers need to know to improve their feeling and technical skills. The segments include: "The Art Of Practice," "Exercises, Licks and Phrases," "Independence / Interdependence," "Implied Metric Modulation."
- Extensive bonus footage including drum solos
- A great hi-hat solo
- Alternating tape takes
- A camera setting change option
- Optional commentary from Steve
- A list of all the pieces
- and much more
- Approximate playing time: 4 hours, 30 minutes
- The following musicians also contributed: Frank Gambale - guitar, Tom Coster - keyboards, Baron Browne - electric bass, Mark Soskin - piano, Steve Marcus - sax, and Mike Pope - acoustic bass.
|Level Of Degree||Hard|
|Style||Blues, Gospel, Jazz, Rock|
- Hudson Music DVD And Video For Drums at a glance
- go to product group DVD And Video For Drums
- go to product group DVDs and Videos
- go to product group Sheet Music, Books, CDs and DVDs
- show manufacturer details for Hudson Music
- Hudson Music Sheet Music, Books, CDs and DVDs at a glance
- printer friendly version of this page