Schoeps MSTC 64 Ug
ORTF Stereo Microphone
This microphone consists of a T-shaped body with two built-in microphone amplifiers, and a matched pair of MK 4 cardioid capsules of the Colette modular system which are mounted 170 mm apart with an included angle of 110° (ORTF system). The stereophonic recording angle is 95°.
This is probably the simplest stereo technique in general use. In almost any situation it produces an evenly-spread stereo image with good localization, often without the need for spot or ambient miking. Setup is particularly quick and simple since the capsule spacing and angles are fixed, with only a single stand and microphone cable required. Placement is relatively uncritical and the technique produces good results even in the hands of an inexperienced or hasty user.
The MSTC 64 Ug works on any standard phantom power of 12 - 48V, the maximum sound pressure in operation at 12 V is somewhat smaller (4dB).
- For recordings with ORTF technique
- Placement relatively uncritical
- Good stereo imaging
- For a very wide range of recording applications
- Shooting angle: approx 95 °
- Frequency response: 40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 13mV / Pa
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR: 26 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: 16 dB-A
- Noise ratio, A-weighted: 78 dB-A
- Output voltage at SPL: 1V
- Impedance: 35 Ohm
- Smallest recommended load resistance: 600 Ohm
- Supply: 12 V or 48 V Phantom
- Automatic switching
- Current consumption per channel: 4 mA, independent of the supply voltage
- Weight: approx 230 g
- Surface: Matte gray
- Accessories (included): Stand clamp with swivel, SG 20