Neumann U87 AI MT
The reversible microphone U 87 Ai is the successor model of the U 87 i, the most well-known and most widely used microphone of the fet 80 series, which is improved in its technical values. The changes concern the increased output voltage and the reduced equivalent noise level. Both measures contribute to a remarkable improvement in recording quality. The microphone is used in the studios for orchestral recording as the main microphone, it is used as a support microphone for individual instruments use. When transmitting big-bands and when recording instrumental and vocal soloists, but also in such difficult tasks as the production of a radio play U 87 Ai is used with its many possibilities.
With three switches on the capsule head, the three directional characteristics omni, cardioid and figure-8, adjust low-frequency response and 10-dB pre-attenuation.
- Colour: Black
- Polar patterns: Omni, cardioid, figure-8
- Switchable 10 db damping
- Acoustic operation: pressure gradient receiver
- Transmission range 20-20000 Hz
- Field operating factor: 22/28/20 mV / Pa
- Nominal impedance 200 ohms
- Spare noise level DIN 45 405 dB 26/23/25
- Noise level difference to 1 Pa CCIR 68/71 / 69dB
- Boundary sound pressure level for 0.5% total harmonic distortion 117 dB (with pre-attenuation 127dB)
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier: 115 dB
- Current consumption: 0.8 mA
- Weight: 500 g
- Diameter: 56 mm, length: 200 mm
- Universally applicable: vocals, speakers, overheads, winds
- Note: no tripod mount or elastic suspension included (optional accessories available under Art. 189268 & 218556)
|Switchable Polar Pattern||Yes|
We're looking forward to hearing from you and aim to solve any problems as soon as we can.