- For all virtual instruments
- Fatar keyboard with Aftertouch and 61 semi-weighted keys
- Ergonomic Pitch and Mod Wheels plus Touch-Strip
- Pre-configured mapping for all Komplete instruments as well as hundreds of NKS-compatible (Native Kontrol Standard) instruments from leading third-party suppliers
- Full VSTi support
- Tag-based preset browsing: Find sounds quickly and preview them instantly
- Two high-resolution colour displays for browsing, sound tweaking and more
- Light Guide: RGB lights above each key signal drum cells, key switches, chords, keys and more
- Smart Play: Recognise keys and inversions with the Light Guide, play chord progressions and arpeggios using single keys or any key using white keys only
- Seamless integration with Maschine hardware/software
- Intuitive control of Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, Pro Tools (2021.10 and later) and GarageBand
- Two freely assignable inputs for foot pedals
- MIDI in/out
- Power supply via USB 2.0
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 1006 x 84 x 297 mm
- Weight: 6.55 kg
- Register your hardware to download Komplete Kontrol software and
- Komplete Select for free (11 high-quality software instruments and effects: Massive, Monark, The Gentleman, Drumlab, Reaktor Prism,
- Scarbee Mark I, Retro Machines, Vintage Organs, West Africa, Solid Bus Comp, and Replica)
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15 (latest update), Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM
- Windows 10 (current service pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 4 GB RAM
- USB 2.0 connection
- Internet connection for product activation and download
- Graphics card with support for OpenGL 2.1 or higher
The Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 MkII is the ultimate control centre for any DAW-based studio. It takes working in a software-supported studio to an unprecedented level thanks to several features: The seamless integration of software instruments and effects, as well as extensive visual feedback using two colour displays and the keyboard's innovative Light Guide. This is complemented by the high-quality, semi-weighted keyboard with 61 keys - a true pleasure for recording tracks. Working with software instruments has never been more comfortable and intuitive.
Every detail in view
The Komplete Kontrol S61 MkII is perfectly tailored to the instruments and effects of the Native Instruments Komplete Suite. Software instruments can be easily controlled using the keyboard's controls, and tedious parameter assignments are a thing of the past. Presets from Komplete and NKS plug-ins can be browsed and previewed directly on the Komplete Kontrol S61 MkII. It's not just the two high-resolution displays that provide a great overview: The buttons are illuminated in different colours, and the Light Guide above the keyboard shows the positions of sounds, keyboard zones, etc., so you always have everything in view.
The Komplete Kontrol S61 MkII is not only an intuitive control centre for the instruments and effects of the Komplete package as well as NKS-compatible plug-ins from other manufacturers. It also offers deep, seamless integration with the following DAWs: Apple Logic Pro X, Garageband, Ableton Live, PreSonus Studio One, and Steinberg Cubase and Nuendo. Transport, mixing, and editing functions of the recording software can be operated comfortably by keyboard, so that reaching for the mouse and looking at the computer screen can be frequently avoided. The Komplete Kontrol S61 MkII also works perfectly with the Native Instruments MASCHINE software. No matter which DAW or working method you prefer, with this keyboard you have everything perfectly under control.
About Native Instruments
Native Instruments is a Berlin-based company, founded in 1996, which specialises in products for computer-assisted music production. The company develops a wide variety of products: Software solutions such as Komplete, which hosts a huge range of virtual instruments that emulate both acoustic and electronic instruments in hi-fi quality, and Reaktor, which lets you create your own virtual instruments - through to hardware products such as beat-making and DJ controllers. Native Instruments' goal is to inspire and encourage musicians with its innovative products. To this end, more than 500 people are employed at the company's headquarters in Berlin and at other locations including Los Angeles, Toronto, Tokyo, London, Paris, and Shenzhen.
Infinite configuration options
When used in conjunction with Native Instruments Komplete or Maschine as well as the Logic Pro, Garageband, Studio One, Cubase and Nuendo DAWs, the Komplete Kontrol S61 MkII can fully exploit the potential of the deep integration between software and hardware. Of course, it can also be used to operate other software instruments and MIDI devices. Each control can be individually assigned and named, making it easy to create presets for different instruments. With two pedal inputs, pitch and modulation wheel, touch strip, and eight assignable buttons and knobs each, it offers plenty of controllers for extensive control tasks.
In the spotlight: Light Guide
The Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 MkII is equipped with an innovative Light Guide. This consists of a chain of multicoloured LEDs located above each key on the keyboard, which display a variety of information depending on the status of the keyboard, thus improving overall clarity. As an example, the Light Guide shows where key switches and key ranges are located in the selected preset. In conjunction with the Smart Play functions, it can also display useful tips and tricks such as chords and notes that match the key.