I have been looking for a small drum set I can use for home recording (as drums are not my main instrument), which will not annoy the neighbours and can easily be stored in my apartment. This drum set is perfect for just that! Also it came with almost everything you need to start (foot pedals, power cable, and a nice set of drumsticks, only the usb-midi cable is not included). I will list the pros and cons below.
- Small and portable, can easily be stored
- Not too loud if you're playing at home with headphones
- Midi, which gives you access to a wide range of drum sounds, and makes mixing them easier when recording (plus the sound quality is great!)
- Touch sensitive (except foot pedals)
- The bass drum controlled by the foot pedal is not touch sensitive, and much louder than any of the other drums
- Foot pedal for bass drum sometimes "doubles" the beat if you step on it too hard
- Additionally, the snare is much quieter than the other drums for some reason.
- Foot pedals seem cheaply made (not a huge issue though).
The issues, however, are easily fixed by midi, where you can adjust the level of each drum beat individually, and add or delete beats as needed. I would highly recommend this drum kit to use for home recording, as it is small and quiet, and the sound quality is excellent, and easy to mix if you use its midi function. In this case, I would suggest adding a usb-midi cable to your purchase (I didn't think of this at first, but later got one locally).