Set 4K HDR HDMI PoC extender/transmitter via DGKat 2.0 for long ranges
- Set consists of PT-871xr transmitter and PT-872xr receiver
- The HDMI signal is converted into a DGKat 2.0 signal and can be transmitted up to 70 m 4K@60Hz (4:2:0) when using shielded UNIKAT cables
- HDR, HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compatibility
- Nearly zero latency
- Two-way power supply
- Multi-channel audio expansion: up to 32 uncompressed digital stereo channels for studio surround sound support
- Input: 1x HDMI socket (PT-871xr) / 1x DGKat: RJ-45 socket (PT-872xr)
- Output: 1x DGKat: RJ-45 socket (PT-871xr) / 1x HDMI socket (PT-872xr)
- Transmitted data bandwidth: up to 18 Gbps (6 Gbps per graphics channel)
- Maximum resolution at high compression level: 3840x2160@60Hz (4:4:4) 24bpp
- Maximum resolution at standard compression level: 4096x2160@60Hz (4:4:4) 24bpp
- Standards compliance: HDR10, HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2
- HDMI Support: Deep colour, x.v.Color, Lip Sync, HDMI
- Uncompressed audio channels, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, 2K, 4K, and 3D as specified in HDMI 2.0
- High compression range when using shielded UNIKAT cables: up to 60 m at 4K@60Hz (4:4:4) / up to 70 m at 4K@60Hz (4:2:0) or Full HD (1080p at 60Hz 36bpp)
- High compression range when using Plenum HDKat cables: up to 40 m at 4K@60Hz (4:4:4), up to 50 m at 4K@60Hz (4:2:0) or Full HD (1080p @60Hz 36bpp)
- Standard compression range when using shielded UNIKAT cables: Up to 40 m at 4K@60Hz (4:4:4) / Up to 70 m at 4K@60Hz (4:2:0) or Full HD (1080p @60Hz 36bpp)
- Power supply: 12 V DC 600 mA
- Dimensions: approx. 6.2 x 5.2 x 2.5 cm
- Weight: 0.2 kg
Going the distance
It is well-known that for a trouble-free signal transmission HDMI cables should not be too long. This is especially true with 4K/UHD signals, where the maximum cable length cannot exceed a few meters. But what if the playback device and the display unit need to be installed much further apart? In this case, a signal extender kit, such as the Kramer PT-871/2XR-KIT, could be the solution. This extension kit will transmit an uncompressed 4K signal with a refresh rate of 60Hz and no chroma subsampling (4:4:4) over a distance of 60 meters between the transmitter unit (the PT-871XR) and the receiver unit (the PT872XR). Full HD signals and compressed 4K signals with chroma subsampling (4:2:0) can be transmitted over the greater distance of 70 meters. A single twisted-pair ethernet cable (Cat-6A or better) is used to connect both units. However, Kramer recommends its own high quality and shielded UNIKAT cables for optimal results, particularly at maxed-out cable lengths.
The incoming HDMI signal is converted into a format called DGKat 2.0 by the transmitter. The converted signal is then sent to the receiver, which converts the signal back into the original HDMI. The output of the receiver is then connected to the display unit. According to the manufacturer, the whole conversion/transmission process is virtually latency-free. Kramer’s extender kit supports HDMI 2.0 features such as High Dynamic Range (HDR), HDCP 2.2, Deep Color (x.v.Colour), Lip Sync, 3D video, uncompressed audio channels, Dolby TrueHD, DTS–HD and EDID pass-through. The included power supply can be connected to either to the transmitter or the receiver. The remaining unit is then powered via the connected twisted-pair cable (Power-over-Cable). This “bidirectional” power supply system provides additional flexibility when installing the units.
For semi and professional applications
These tiny units both come with a fanless ‘Pico TOOLS’ casing, emit little to no heat during operation and are easy to integrate into existing AV systems. They can easily be placed on a table or desk (rubber feet are included), or screwed onto a flat surface using the provided brackets. Alternatively, they can be fitted into a 1U rack space using Kramer’s optional rack adapter. Status LED indicators next to the HDMI and ethernet ports facilitate local troubleshooting and maintenance. In order to achieve this lossless transmission, Kramer uses a proprietary low-level video compression technology. “Standard” and “high” compression levels are available and are set via a DIP code switch present on each of the units.
About Kramer Electronics
Kramer Electronics was founded in 1981 in Jerusalem, Israel, in order to develop and manufacture pioneering and targeted products for the audiovisual industry. The company has since grown consistently and at lightning speed. Today, Kramer, together with its partners and distributors, serves professional AV customers in over 90 countries. The award-winning products developed by Kramer range from signal processors and control electronics, media distribution, AV and IT management solutions, to wireless communication and presentation systems. State-of-the-art cloud technologies, advanced software and proven hardware have further established Kramer as a rock solid and reliable name throughout the industry. To quote its founder and CEO, Dr Joseph Kramer, his company has earned its reputation by “combining innovation and extreme reliability with customer service”.
Ideal for long distance transmissions
Imagine the following scenario: a shop owner wants to display high-quality product videos on a big screen TV in his showroom. The problem is that the playback device, in this case a multimedia PC, is situated far away from the screen, maybe behind the counter, or even somewhere in a back room. Conventional HDMI cables won’t do the trick here. That’s where the Kramer PT-871/2XR-KIT comes into play and will easily bridge the distance between the two devices. Installing the required ethernet cable is comparatively simple and thanks to Kramer’s sophisticated conversion technology, the signal transmission ensures that neither the picture nor the sound suffer any loss in quality. Our example can of course be applied to all kinds of different locations, such as hotels, bars and clubs, conference and meeting rooms, classrooms and lecture halls, broadcast studios and medical facilities.
These are other customers' choices:
Customers who looked at this item have bought these:
| || 47% bought this exact product |
|£359 Add to Basket|
| ||11% bought Swissonic HDMI CAT Extender 80 4K UHD||£135|
| ||11% bought Kramer PT-572+ HDMI Receiver||£171|
| ||9% bought Kramer PT-571 HDMI Transmitter||£152|
| ||8% bought PureLink HDMI CatX HDBaseT Ext HD60||£533|
|Our most popular Signal Extenders|