In the 1970s, the Japanese company Ibanez built cheap yet at the same time decent copies of the then leading American manufacturers Fender and Gibson. But all that changed and by the early 80s Ibanez began offering up their own models, and now the company can easily keep up in all price categories. Not least because virtuosos such as Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, and Frank Gambale have their favourite guitars made by Ibanez. The brand Ibanez is today often heard in the same breath as its former alumni.
The AS93VLS is a small semi-acoustic with a pretty flamed sycamore top. The back and sides are made of maple, and the neck from mahogany. Here too Ibanez has quite a following, as specifically the semi-models enjoy an excellent reputation in jazzy circles.
Two humbuckers with a medium output transmit the positive acoustic characteristics of the instruments every detail - a great semi for less dollar!
- Flamed sycamore body
- 3-Piece set-in mahogany / maple neck
- 22 Medium frets
- Rosewood fretboard
- ART-1 bridge with Quik Change III tailpiece
- White block inlays
- Gold hardware
- Pickups: 2 Super 58 Custom humbuckers
- Colour: Violin Sunburst
Customers that were interested in Ibanez AS93-VLS, have then bought these products
- Ibanez Semiacoustic Guitars at a glance
- display Semiacoustic Guitars in price range 500 € - 1000 €
- go to product group Semiacoustic Guitars
- go to product group Electric Guitars
- go to product group Guitars and Basses
- show manufacturer details for Ibanez
- Ibanez Guitars and Basses at a glance
- printer friendly version of this page