- Compatible with Serato DJ Pro
- Jog wheels with touch recognition
- 16 RGB pads with 8 modes (including hot cue, loop, slicer)
- Vinyl, slip, quantize, loop in / out buttons
- Filter controls, 3 band EQ, gain controls, volume controls and VU meters per deck
- Headphone volume control and cue / mix control
- Microphone volume control with 2 band EQ
- Aux volume control and filter control
- Master VU meter
- Filter / effects console with 4 effect buttons and 2 filter controls
- 2 x 6.35 mm jack and 2 x RCA master outputs
- 3.5 mm Stereo mini jack and 6.35 mm stereo jack headphone outputs
- 2 x RCA + 3.5 mm stereo mini jack aux inputs
- Balanced 6.35 mm jack microphone input
- Audio resolution: 44.1kHz / 24-bit
- Compatible with Serato DJ Pro
- For operation on PCs or notebooks with USB 2.0 or higher and operating system: Windows 10 / macOS 12.12 or higher
- Dimensions: 542 x 296 x 70 mm
- Weight: 3.2 kg
- Includes Serato DJ Lite and DJUCED and USB cable
- Suitable case: Article Nr.
Hercules represents with its flagship DJControl Inpulse 500. This 2-deck controller provides everything any ambitious DJ will need. Two jog wheels allow for precise time manipulation and search within each deck track, both in vinyl and CD modes. In addition to the two channels for the decks, an aux and a microphone channel are both added, so that nothing will stand in the way of creative performances. The mixer is equipped with a traditional three-band EQ and of course a staple DJ filter. Both channels can be monitored separately via cue mix. On top of that, eight performance pads per channel allow samples and loops to be fired at will.
The Hercules DJControl Inpulse 500 is a classic all-in-one DJ controller - this means it does not itself produce the sound, but rather provides a haptic and intuitive interface that works in conjunction computer-based DJ software, which will play the music from a computer. Included in the bundle is DJUCED, the impressive proprietary software which Hercules has developed in-house. The Inpulse 500 also works seamlessly with the well-established software Serato DJ Pro. In addition, the DJControl Inpulse 500 acts as the main audio interface, so that all interaction with the DJ controller is concentrated in one place once the music gets going - because nothing is more distracting than having to constantly inspect what is going on with the computer when in the middle of a performance.
Until now, Hercules had produced mainly entry-level devices in its DJControl Inpulse series - and the Inpulse 500 retains all these beginner-friendly qualities. However the Inpulse 500 is aiming for the top. Its full-size jog wheels and performance possibilities needn’t hide behind the competition in terms of hardware and functionality. In addition, the compatibility of the inpulse 500 with Serato DJ Pro allows users to upgrade to professional grade DJ software seamlessly if they so wishes. The Inpulse 500 is not only a good controller for beginners, it will easily see you through your first gigs and never let you down.
French manufacturer Hercules has been making all kinds of affordable audio equipment for over 30 years. The choice ranges from pro audio speakers and headphones to gaming accessories. However, the focus is currently on entry-level DJ equipment. Hercules knows how to produce well-designed equipment at impressively low prices, while always keeping beginners in mind. For example, specific models of DJ controllers come with tutorial functions that help budding DJs learn correct beat-matching and other essential DJ skills.
Helping hands for budding DJs
A good selling point of Hercules controllers to newcomers is the ‘beat match guide’ functionality. LED lights inform the DJ in real time whether a track needs to be sped up or slowed down in order to match the master deck. Minimal increments are indicated, and this function can be disabled at any time. The ‘Beat Align’ indicator under each deck indicates whether the tracks are in sync, or out of “lock”. This can be a great tool for developing the ear, as well as rhythm and tempo, since beatmatching requires some practice - and is not learnt overnight. Of course, any help function can also be disabled at any time.