DJ Controller with Integrated USB Audio Interface
- 2-Deck controller
- Beatmatch Guide: integrated light helps you to learn beat matching easily
- Intelligent Music Assistant (IMA) provides quality music suggestions
- Compatible with iOS djay app
- Audio resolution: 24 bit / 44.1 kHz
- Master output: 2x RCA (stereo)
- Headphone output: 3.5 mm stereo mini jack
- Software: DJUCED 40° Version 4, DJ Academy with complete set of video tutorials included and interactive assistance
- Can be used with PCs or notebooks with USB 2.0 or newer and the following operating systems: Windows 7, 8, 10 / macOS 10.11 & newer
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 480 x 52 x 286 mm
- Weight: 1.8 kg
- Included: DJ Control Inpulse 300, braided USB cable attached to the controller, DJUCED 40° Version 4, warranty card
- Matching case: Art.
489624(not included in delivery)
- Matching bag: Art.
498226(not included in delivery)
Controls per deck:
- 150 mm Jog wheel
- Vinyl-feeling with touch detection
- 8 Pads for 8 modes: Hot-Cue, Roll, FX, Sampler
- Loop In / Loop Out buttons
- Effects rack with 2x rotary FX knobs and Dry-Wet Slip
A high-functioning mid-range controller
Sitting comfortably between the Inpulse 200 and the Inpulse 500, the DJControl Inpulse 300 is the mid-range model of the acclaimed DJ controller series, developed by Hercules. This 2-deck controller provides everything any ambitious beginner DJ will need. Two jog wheels allow for precise time manipulation and search within each deck track, both in vinyl and CD modes. The mixer is equipped with a traditional three-band EQ and of course a staple DJ filter. Both channels can be monitored separately via cue mix. On top of that, eight performance pads per channel allow samples and loops to be fired at will.
The Hercules DJControl Inpulse 300 is a classic all-in-one DJ controller - this means it does not itself produce the sound, but rather provides a haptic and intuitive interface that works in conjunction with computer-based DJ software, which will play the music from a computer. Included in the bundle is DJUCED, the impressive proprietary software which Hercules has developed in-house. In addition, the DJControl Inpulse 300 acts as the main audio interface, so that all interaction with the DJ controller is concentrated in one place once the music gets going - because nothing is more distracting than having to constantly inspect what is going on with the computer when in the middle of a performance.
A lot of controller for the money
Beginners in particular will enjoy the Hercules DJControl Inpulse 300 controller: it is affordable, fully functional and full of features. The on-board assistant is a useful learning tool for budding DJs, as are the tutorial videos included; otherwise everything necessary to get you going is there, in a single compact box. You only need a computer, a USB cable, a pair of headphones – and you’re ready to go. The Inpulse 300 also includes a powerful effects unit, which will morph your track collection to your liking.
French manufacturer Hercules has been making all kinds of affordable audio equipment for over 30 years. The choice ranges from pro audio speakers and headphones to gaming accessories. However, the focus is currently on entry-level DJ equipment. Hercules knows how to produce well-designed equipment at impressively low prices, while always keeping beginners in mind. For example, specific models of DJ controllers come with tutorial functions that help budding DJs learn correct beat-matching and other essential DJ skills.
Helping hands for budding DJs
A good selling point of Hercules controllers to newcomers is the ‘beat match guide’ functionality. LED lights inform the DJ in real time whether a track needs to be sped up or slowed down in order to match the master deck. Minimal increments are indicated, and this function can be disabled at any time. The ‘Beat Align’ indicator under each deck indicates whether the tracks are in sync, or out of “lock”. This can be a great tool for developing the ear, as well as rhythm and tempo, since beat-matching requires some practice - and is not learnt overnight. Of course, any help function can also be disabled at any time.