DJ Controller with Integrated USB Audio Interface
- 2 Deck controller
- Beatmatch Guide: Integrated light helps you to learn beat matching easily
- Intelligent Music Assistant (IMA) provides quality music suggestions
- Compatible with iOS djay app
- Audio resolution: 24 bit / 44.1 kHz
- Master output: stereo RCA
- Headphone output: 3.5 mm stereo mini jack
- Software: DJUCED 40° Version 4, DJ Academy with complete set of video tutorials included and interactive assistance
- Can be used with PCs or notebooks with USB 2.0 or newer and the following operating systems: Windows 7, 8, 10 / macOS 10.11 & newer
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 320 x 49 x 195 mm
- Weight: 0.9 kg
- Included: DJ Control Inpulse 200, braided USB cable attached to the controller, DJUCED 40° Version 4, warranty card
Controls per deck:
- 90 mm Jog wheel
- Vinyl-feeling with touch detection
- 4 Pads for 4 modes: Hot-Cue, Roll, FX, Sampler
- Loop In / Loop Out buttons
Small but mighty!
The DJControl Inpulse 200 is a really compact entry-level DJ controller from Hercules. This 2-deck controller provides everything any ambitious beginner DJ will need. Two jog wheels allow for precise time manipulation and search within each deck track, both in vinyl and CD modes. The mixer is equipped with a two-band EQ, and of course a staple DJ filter. Both channels can be monitored separately via cue mix. On top of that, four performance pads per channel allow samples and loops to be fired at will.
The Hercules DJControl Inpulse 200 is a classic all-in-one DJ controller - this means it does not itself produce the sound, but rather provides a haptic and intuitive interface that works in conjunction with computer-based DJ software, which will play the music from a computer. Included in the bundle is DJUCED, the impressive proprietary beatmatching software which Hercules has developed in-house. In addition, the DJControl Inpulse 200 acts as the main audio interface, so that all interaction with the DJ controller is concentrated in one place once the music gets going - because nothing is more distracting than having to constantly inspect what is going on with the computer when in the middle of a performance.
A lot of controller for the money
Beginners in particular will enjoy the Hercules DJControl Inpulse 200 controller: it is affordable, fully functional and full of features. The on-board assistant is a useful learning tool for budding DJs, as are the tutorial videos included; otherwise everything necessary to get you going is there, in a single compact box. You only need a computer, a USB cable, a pair of headphones – and you’re ready to go. The Inpulse 200 also includes a powerful effects unit, which will morph your track collection to your liking.
French manufacturer Hercules has been making all kinds of affordable audio equipment for over 30 years. The choice ranges from pro audio speakers and headphones to gaming accessories. However, the focus is currently on entry-level DJ equipment. Hercules knows how to produce well-designed equipment at impressively low prices, while always keeping beginners in mind. For example, specific models of DJ controllers come with tutorial functions that help budding DJs learn correct beat-matching and other essential DJ skills.
Helping hands for budding DJs
A good selling point of Hercules controllers to newcomers is the ‘beat match guide’ functionality. LED lights inform the DJ in real time whether a track needs to be sped up or slowed down in order to match the master deck. Minimal increments are indicated, and this function can be disabled at any time. The ‘Beat Align’ indicator under each deck indicates whether the tracks are in sync, or out of “lock”. This can be a great tool for developing the ear, as well as rhythm and tempo, since beatmatching requires some practice - and is not learnt overnight. Of course, any help function can also be disabled at any time.