Doepfer A-178 Theremin
Theremin moduleA module for generating a variable control voltage by approaching the hand to an antenna. The range is approx. 30 cm. In addition, a gate output is available which responds from an adjustable output voltage (threshold) to trigger an envelope generator or to control a VCA (on / off) for example. To replicate the original theremin, two A-178s, one VCO (eg A-110) and a linear VCA (eg A-130 or A-132) are required. One A-178 controls the pitch (VCO), the second the volume (VCA). However, the A-178 can also be used to control other functions in the A-100 (For example: filter frequencies, modulations, tempo, settling time, etc.).
- Antenna input
- Offset (rotary control)
- 2 x CV output
- 2 x LED (for CV display positive / negative and zero adjustment)
- Threshold (gate threshold)
- Gate output
- Voltage range of the CV output - depending on the setting of the offset controller from a maximum of -10 V to 10 V.
- Gate output switches between 0V and about 10V
- Power requirements: 60mA (12V) / -20mA (-12V)
- Width: 8 HP / 40.3 mm
- Depth: 40 mm (measured from the back of the front panel)
|Empty Rack, Or Housing||No|
Further Doepfer items
Offers include 20% British VAT and are valid as long as stocks last. Shipping costs to the U.K. are 10 EUR (approx. £7), free shipping on orders above 199 EUR. Please click here for international Shipping rates. We do not accept liability for typographical errors or inaccurate information of any kind. *RRP = manufacturer's / distributor's recommended retail price in Germany