Super Octave Stomp BoxThis interesting effect is known ever since Jimi Hendrix, and also the solo by Paranoid/ Black Sabbath most likely owes their unique sound to this effect. The boss Octavers OC-3 adds a tone to the original signal, which is an octave lower. New to the first mode is a distortion effect, with which one can make the sound even more aggressive; always a good choice, if you don't want to play the typical Wes Montgomery octaves. In addition in the second (OC-2) mode, a second tone, another octave lower, can be mixed to the signal (even though, in this case, you should be really playing very high notes - the speaker will thank you for that).
A third mode also allows polyphonic octaves - in short: Also chords can be provided with lower octaves. Of course you could also use a pitch shifter, but rarely without audible delay. The BOSS Octaver is much tighter and also much cheaper.
Interesting device, which allows you to add a very special touch, especially to solos.
- For bass and electric guitar with 3 different modes to choose from
- Drive mode with distortion for a more massive sound
- OC-2 mode 1 to 2 octaves
- The polyphonic mode can also transpose chords
- Special input for guitar and bass
- Knobs for direct level, octave level, range, mode
- Output jacks: Direct and mono
- Power supply with a 9 V battery or a 9 V DC power supply (coaxial connection - negative inside - not included, Art. 108096)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 73 x 129 x 59 mm
- ♪♪ Fretless Bass
- ♪♪ Metal Bass
- ♪♪ Metal Guitar
- Boss Miscellaneous Guitar Effects at a glance
- display Miscellaneous Guitar Effects in price range 120 € - 160 €
- go to product group Miscellaneous Guitar Effects
- go to product group Guitar and Bass Effects
- go to product group Guitars and Basses
- show manufacturer details for Boss
- Boss Guitars and Basses at a glance
- printer friendly version of this page