8 Channel MADI / AES ConverterThe ADI-642, an 8-Channel format converter from MADI to AES and vice versa, is the latest addition to RMEs successful MADI series. Amongst other applications, the unit can serve as ideal AES/EBU frontend for the Hammerfall DSP MADI PCI card. Up to 192 kHz at 24-Bit are supported. Its most outstanding feature is an easy-to-use 72 x 74 routing matrix, which can assign an individual input channel to every single output channel, allowing free configuration of all 64 MADI channels and the 8 AES channels.
The compact unit with 19" width and 1 unit height serves as format converter MADI to/from AES (Schematic View). MADI handles 64 channels of 24-Bit audio at sampling frequencies up to 48kHz, 32 channels up to 96kHz, and 16 channels up to 192kHz. All channels are transferred across a single cable, either coaxial (BNC) or optical network cable. In both cases, cable lengths of more than 100 meters can be achieved. The AES/EBU channels are provided via 4 XLR inputs and outputs, respectively. The ADI-642 accepts 56 channels and 64 channels as well as 96k frame at its input, and can be set to generate those formats at its output. This way the ADI-642 even serves as perfect interface between otherwise incompatible MADI devices.
- 24 bit / 192 kHz Converter
- Direct support for AES Double, MADI Double and Quadwire
- Direct conversion between these formats
- Detailed status displays for MADI and AES
- 72 x 72 routing matrix
- Automatic Delay Compensation when multiple devices are used
- Completely remote controlable via MIDI
- Transmits MIDI via MADI
- Sample frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (sync / word clock)
- Sample Rate Range: MADI: 32 - 96 kHz, wordclock: 27 kHz - 200 kHz, AES: 28 kHz - 200 kHz