I always wanted to have a drumset at home. Due to the fact that I live in a rented apartment it was not possible to have an accoustic set, and i hadn?t money for an average/good E-Drum. So i decided to buy this Pad-Set simply to have an ability to practise the beats before the rehearsal.
As the package arrived I began to unpack and put it together right away. The disappointment grew up as i assemblied the Set, and it was growing the whole time i owned it.
First the things that are excusable for me:
-The Hihat is enormous loud compared to other pads, doesn?t matter if you play it closed or opened. But it is somehow reparable. You can wrap it in some Kitchen towels or put some inside.
- The bassdrum pedal is made very poor. Unstable and uncomfortable. But i can live with it because i use my double bass pedal instead anyway.
- The Bassdrum itself is hard to fix in its place firmly. I disattached the pedal holder to have an better access to it. So even if if you get it fixed, its not double bass compatible as it is just too small. I played double bass anyway, but the mallets hit the drum only partially.
- The overall construction is poor and unstable. Very light and wobby.
That was the facts that i have expected to be. And i could have live with it, BUT:
- The screw-threads that are holding the pads with holders together broke before i even played something. The snare screw-thread broke first as i tried to screw it in place, then one of the tom pads, and the other two a few days later as i was playing. The pads still stay in place somehow, but they are shaking and waggling that makes them unplayable.
- The construction holders are made of some kind of poor metal that is braking without any reason. First one broke when i wasnt home by itself, second one when i wanted to move the set to the other room.
So the set is now totally unplayable. I?ll throw it away soon, just leave the pads. The sad thing is that i played the set only 10+ times. I always thought that Stagg makes cheap cr*p, although i haven?t had any experience with it, so i gave it a chance and I am very disappointed.
It was just a waste of money for me. I have read some other reviews - some people played the set even for a few years without having that much problems, but with this quality level they were just lucky imho.