I've had Ortofon's on Technics 1210s before, brilliant. Now I've downgraded to American Audio and these new Mix MKII Twin. I set up a comparison with my Rega Planer II + A&R Cambridge cartridge.
1. No surpise, Ortofon's were louder, not really an issue.
2. I was surprised that the noise level between tracks was less with the Ortofons, even with the 3gram weight.
3. Tracking is superb and of course designed and suited to all dj requirements.
4. The Ortofons have very bright high end, and deep bass, so much so I had to slightly adjust the eq to correct to my preferred listening, (subjective I know)
5. A definite improvement on the cartridges supplied with American Audio Deck.
Very good quality for lower to mid range price cartridges, look great and come in a mini flight case :))
They can handle a warp and stay in the groove.