I've been playing guitar for about 7 years in a row, until I got into math and programming. I never touched an instrument since there. After 5 years break I started to feel like I want to get back into music. So, I decided to buy something that will not be so noticeable for my wallet. My friend told me that I should check out Harley Benton brand. I've taken a look into specs, it is impressive, you can see it yourself XD. I was not expecting something mind blowing, but I enjoyed the looks of it.
Well, now to the business. I got my package in about two weeks. I'm from Russia, so I'm thanking God and Thomann that I could even get goods from abroad in pretty short time. Headstock has a little dent, seems like instrument had a rough time in shipping and customs. But nothing serious.
So, I took a guitar and started to noodle. I've noticed that frets were unpolished and scratchy. Not so pleasant experience, isn't it? Also neck relief and tremolo setup were a bit off, but it was winter outside and it took 2 weeks to get to my house. So, again, let's just enjoy the fact thats guitar is one piece and not frozen. Also I had some little cosmetic flaws, nothin serious to be honest. I took my new axe to local workshop. Guys dressed the frets quickly and set everything up properly for a small amount. Finally, I've got my guitar ready to play. I play it every day. I noodle the hell out if it. I enjoy it a lot.
Things to enjoy about fusion:
- the looks, it is blue that means fast XD
- the neck finish and color, mine got a bit darker tone, but I like it even more. The finish and profile combo are so good and comfortable. Frets are good too after dressing
- it has a great feature set like wilkinson trem and locking tuners. Also it has graph tech nut. I use tremolo. Sometimes maybe even too much tremolo. It stays in tune for weeks, never experienced anything like this before.
- the feel and looks of body finish. I like the color and texture a lot. There are some little areas where I can see a black primer, but it is not even close to severe.
- the sound is good and recognizable in the mix. I enjoy clean tones the most
Things to feel "meh" about fusion:
- pickups are microphonic a bit. They transfer every rustle from guitar body into amp. Not too loud but it is audible.
As you can see, I'm pretty happy with my new guitar. I use it about two month at the time of making this review. It's comfortable to play, it looks good, sounds good. Also it has pretty insane feature set for the price and it is totally working. Adds to comfort using this very much. I'm not an expert or anything, but it feels like a more expensive guitar. You can take my words with a grain of salt, I'm still under impression from this purchase. But I believe fusion iii will not disappoint you.
P.S: get the blue one, it's faster XD