So, firstly, the idea of creating such an option for (relatively) budget monitors - is excellent! I believe, thare are not many studio monitor models available on the market, where the grids are interchangeable.
- Great protection for speakers;
- Excellent fit and quality;
- I dod not noticed any sound coloration or change with grid attached;
- Metallic grids are properly engineered, so these does not reach speaker even on high volume levels.
- Actually, there no cons!
- The new faceplates are a bit tighter, and when attaching, these needs some pressure to fit them in place. The original - gridless faceplates are just jumping in place by themselves.