Xotic BB Plus
The BB Plus is an excellent overdrive/preamp (depending on the setting - Xotic is not entirely decided in the product information) that comes with two channels and excellent sound, and simultaneously many sound possibilities.
Channel A comes with Gain, Volume and Tone. With the comp control, you can choose between hard and soft clipping, and thereby whether the sound goes into saturation sooner or later (e.g. Clean Boost) - luxurious, and ideal for tinkering with fat sounds and sustain without distortion - David Gilmour sends his regards. Here, all the typical tasks of an overdrive can be easily taken care of - from a clean boost to a bluesy distortion that can pack plenty of gain and sustain.
The B-channel has a 3-band tone control and approaches more modern realms. In short: sounds with plenty of gain, presence and fat bass can be set up with ease - or, for comparison: more 4x12 in comparison to the rather combo-like channel A. A compressor can also be connected here. With the A-B switch, both channels can be connected to each other, which can in practice serve as a third channel (e.g. A: Clean Boost, B: Crunch, A+B: Lead).
Hooked up to a clean amp, you can generate sounds that are not just tube-like, but truly classy. Another interesting point is the comparison with the identically built AC Plus: the BB sounds rougher and more British than the AC Plus. Still, practically all sound possibilities are covered by both pedals if the sound settings are used effectively. Impressive!
- 2 Pedals in one
- 1 Volume control and 1 tone control in each
- Channel A with bass boost and midrange + 3 dB, tone control
- Channel B with 3 Band EQ
- True Bypass switch on each
- Power adapter available separately
Note: Register your purchase at www.w-distribution.de/Warranty for an extended warranty of 4 years.
- Xotic Distortion Pedals at a glance
- display Distortion Pedals in price range 200 € - 300 €
- go to product group Distortion Pedals
- go to product group Guitar and Bass Effects
- go to product group Guitars and Basses
- show manufacturer details for Xotic
- Xotic Guitars and Basses at a glance
- printer friendly version of this page